The Telehealth platform from A&D Medical is a single source solution of affordable connected health devices that generate reliable point of care data with flexible integration packages. Our deep experience in providing trusted connected healthcare devices in the telemedicine market allows us to serve the market with the cloud and direct device integration via a SDK.
Common Applications in Telehealth
In recent years, telehealth has gained more traction due to the increased popularity of smartphones and other IoT (internet of things) devices by consumers.
Due to our flexible application and customizable integration, we work with a variety of partners, including payers, healthcare providers, telehealth technology suppliers, employee wellness groups and consumers to achieve the triple aim of improving population health management, improve patient experience, and lower healthcare costs.
Our devices are used in applications ranging from preventative care to chronic disease management:
Regardless of the specific application, patients appreciate the timely, easy, and secure access to data and their doctors.
Contact us to talk to an expert about how our SDK, API, or other customizable solutions will fit your needs.
- Benefits of Telehealth
Benefits of Incorporating Telehealth
A&D Medical has worked closely with healthcare providers to provide a safe and secure service. Some of the top questions we receive are on the following topics:
- Security of patient data: Ensuring the privacy of patient data is one of our top concerns as a provider of teleheath devices. Data is stored in a secure cloud service using AWS 256 encryption protocols. Further, we store data as “de-identified.” This means that the measurement data and user data are stored separately within our cloud structure. Lastly, the data from the device to the app is encrypted using standard Bluetooth Low Energy protocols.
- Health insurance reimbursements: Of course, healthcare providers want to receive full reimbursement for their services. This cheat sheet offers common procedure and CPT codes, as well as some of the most frequently asked questions we receive about reimbursements.
- Changes to the function of their practices: Many providers tell us that the addition of telehealth services to their practice helps streamline their days and makes their office run more efficiently. Studies like this back up that feedback. Additionally, you’ll be able to reach patients who have limited mobility, live in rural areas, as well as patients who are strapped for time.
- Patient compliance and outcomes: While it might seem like patients would be less compliant, and therefore have worse outcomes, with telehealth, the reverse has been shown to be true. In fact, when patients have access to their data regularly and can see the impact their actions have on their metrics, they become more engaged with their treatment, and success rates increase .
What is the difference between telehealth and telemedicine?
Many names are often used to describe what this area of medicine: telehealth, telemedicine, remote patient monitoring (RPM), connected health, mHealth, remote care, and more. While each of the terms have slightly nuanced meanings, the generally refer to the idea of technology enabling the remote care of patients.
- Telehealth is the practice of using health-related care, including diagnosis, monitoring, and education via electronic devices. Today, this is used as a broad, catch-all term that encompasses the rest of the terms.
- Telemedicine is a slightly more specific term that refers to healthcare providers diagnosing and treating patients remotely.
- Remote patient monitoring usually is used in the context of chronic disease management via telemedicine or telehealth.
Do you have an SDK or an API?
Yes! See the next tab over for details on both our SDK and API. Or contact us to learn more.
Can I directly integrate into my own app?
Yes, many customers prefer to use their own app. Contact us to find out more about using our SDK.
What are your blood pressure metric integration capabilities?
Beyond systolic, diastolic and pulse rate, we can send other helpful metrics that help healthcare providers make more informed decisions. These metrics range from time and date to mean arterial pressure, and errors, such as cuff fit errors, irregular heartbeat detection, and movement errors.
What technical support do you provide?
A&D Medical works closely with its customers to ensure our various integration operations are smoothly and successfully carried out. We also have a team of dedicated customer service representatives to assist you and your customers/patients when troubleshooting is required.
What ancillary services do you provide?
A&D Medical works with customers on improving logistics that can drive economic value and improve satisfaction, including drop shipments, direct to patient, and even kitting services to ensure the right device suite (and technology) is delivered to the right individual at the right time.
Don’t see your question? Contact us to speak to our experts.
- SDK & API
WellnessConnected Platform with A&D Connect
A&D Medical is proud to provide a single source solution that generates reliable point of care data with flexible integration packages.
Direct Device Integration via SDK
We also offer SDKs to our customers who choose to integrate directly into their application.
This choice enables our customers to customize certain aspects of data communication.
Interested in our API or SDK? Contact us to learn more.
ABOUT A&D MEDICAL
Why Trust A&D Medical?
For over 40 years, A&D Medical has been known in the measurement industry for our commitment to accuracy and precision, as evidenced by the clinical validation of our devices. As healthcare providers and integrators, you will also understand why we place such importance on providing dependable equipment – people’s lives depend on the services and care we provide, and that’s not something we take lightly.
- A&D is an established global company that has been a trusted provider of long-lasting and reliable instrumentation since 1977.
- Our flexible application and customizable integration are designed to make it easy for our products to fit into existing systems, or to build custom solutions.
- Our devices are trusted to provide accurate results in some of the biggest healthcare organizations in the world.
- A&D offers a full line of advanced biometric monitoring solutions, including blood pressure monitors, weight scales, activity monitors, and other health monitoring devices for consumer and professional use.
Get an expert’s opinion on the right telehealth devices for your application or integration.